Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Morning Traffic Woes

Today was definitely a Monday-type Monday. I opted to not get up and go to boot camp this morning since we were in Pine Mountain from Wednesday morning to Sunday evening- we did not get back home until almost 10pm last night! Hubby was leaving early this morning for his 2-night trip to his project in Alabama and I needed more than 4 hours sleep in order to function at the office today. I hit the street around 6:45am and about 5 miles down Johnson Ferry Rd, the "Low Tire Pressure" light comes again- instant terror! I am thinking "no, no, no, not another flat tire!!!" I stopped at the next service station and got out and all 4 tires seemed okay... but, I went ahead and dug around in the trunk and found my pressure-checker-thingy... and wouldn't you know- the rear right tire was 10 lbs less than the other three. So I paid my $0.75 and filled it to the same. I went ahead and pulled up to the gas pump to fill up my car and then drove down to the coffee shop for a cup of joe to go. I measured again with joe in hand and the tire had already lost 5 lbs!! I made a U-turn and went to the Goodyear up the street... 30 minutes later and one nail less, I was patched up and headed back to the rat race. And then something worse happened... not to me, but to some poor soul on I-85 Northbound. I was going around 75 mph like everyone else and all of a sudden all these cars start slowing down (more like slamming on their brakes)and swerving around to dodge a white pick-up whose hood was vertical! I could not believe it! Some old Dodge Ram pickup and the hood was straight up and how he managed to pull that off the interstate with no damage is beyond me... I finally made it to the office safe and sound by 9am... whew!!!

No comments: