Monday, July 9, 2007

Crash & Burn Again

So we spent the 4th of July insanely mountain biking… this seems to be our new past time… Mike enjoys it WAY more than I do though… probably because he has not CRASHED yet! Yes, Saturday morning I crashed yet again… If you can imagine unintentionally sliding into home plate… on a bike… unbelievingly out of control… on a really sharp curve…. on the side of steep mountainous terrain…with the gravel and dirt giving out from underneath you as you slide… It literally scared the crap out of me to say the least!!! I hopped up as quickly as my beaten sore body could move… just hoping no one witnessed the incident… oh man did it hurt and boy did I want to cry…But, I didn't cry… instead I just stood there huffing and puffing trying to catch my breath…

SATURDAY:



Eventually I made my way back on the trail- half riding, half walking the rest of the 3 miles down the trail (I crashed only 1 ¼ miles into the trail). When I finally rode out of the woods, I passed two deer and found my husband waiting on me… he took note of the dirt from my shoulder to my ankle and knew I had crashed… again. He definitely needs to do some homework in the sympathy department…

TODAY:

No comments: