Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas

Merry Christmas to one and all! Just like my Grandmother agreed with me earlier this afternoon, this has been one fabulous day for our family. We were up early and successfully picked up my Grandmother at her now former apartment. And she was SO ready to go! The lady who runs the kitchen told us when we first got there that my Grandmother had been walking around for a week just glowing… that she was the happiest she had EVER seen her in the past two years at the assisted living center. The lady said that she knew how happy my Grandmother was about going home and how much better should would be there. I packed her up a suitcase and we were headed back to our hometown to celebrate Christmas with friends and family. We had a great day seeing old friends and family, eating wonderful food and treats, watching my nephew rack up on Santa goodies and being lazy.
And then we took her to her home… and praise the Lord it happened without a single problem! She took the Caregiver wonderfully… we stayed around for a couple of hours with her and she just blended right in to the lady’s home. I could not have asked for a better transition… what a wonderful Christmas Day. Let me spread my happiness… Happy Christmas!

No comments: