Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Is Outta Here!

So my Grandmother has been living with the Caregiver at her in town home in Pine Mountain now for a week. She had several visitors drop by to see her last Saturday. The Caregiver actually took her to Church on Sunday… can you imagine? My Grandmother has not been to a Church for service in over two years! Her only complaint was that the service took too long… Ha-Ha! On Monday, they went shopping at one of the local dollar stores. And yesterday they drove all the way to Columbus and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then went to the movies for a matinee!! Can you believe it? My Grandmother has not been to a movie in YEARS. Of course, she pretty much slept through the entire movie… I mean it IS dark in the there and all….
So all in all, I would have to say that she couldn’t possibly be bored at her new home. I mean where would she be able to find the time to be bored when she is so busy flitting around like a socialite? Her new bed arrived today and her nurse will start showing up this Friday to assess her current physical condition being in a new home and all.
And today my Mother drove me to the wholesale store and I purchased 3 more cases of adult pull-ups for her- Super-Absorbent mind you. My tiny Grandmother packs a powerful punch when it comes to her business and only the Super-Absorbent will take care of it… Ha-Ha!
I am still very sore today on my third day of Recovery. We put up all of the Christmas knick-knacks except for the actual Christmas tree or its ornaments… I am saving that chore for Hubby whenever he decides to stay home with me and not at work long enough to do that job- hopefully this weekend at the latest.
Today was the last day of 2008 and tomorrow brings a new year. And what a year 2008 has been for me. I just hope and pray that 2009 turns out better.

No comments: