Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good News for the New Year

Today was the first day of the new year and we celebrated southern style of course! My Mom prepared traditional black-eyed peas, collards, cabbage, cubed steak and my favorite- cracklin' cornbread! I actually did the cornbread myself (since they were my personal collection of precious cracklins)... We invited the one of the neighbors (whose husband and grown sons were out of town) to eat with us since I remembered her saying she would be alone today. The meal was super delicious and we had a great time consuming it! My Mom left shortly after lunch. And Hubby goes back to work tomorrow morning... so I will be alone until he returns Saturday evening.
On a good note for the new year, my company was the low bidder yesterday on an upcoming project here in Atlanta! We were first out of three and my name is on it for the PM slot! So that is great news for the new year for our SE Division... Woo hoo! I will find out more when I return to work on Monday the 5th. Double Woo hoo!

No comments: