Thursday, January 29, 2009

Collections Sucketh Too

I was not very amused last night when I opened a letter/invoice from a collection agency regarding an unpaid debt. It was for radiology services from an appointment I had back in early December 2008 (last month mind you). First of all, I have Never received an invoice from the office where my scan was performed. Second of all, they claim that the invoice came back to them in mid-December marked as a "bad address". Yet, my phone number was listed in my file and they did not call me. I called the office where I had the appointment to inquire about the bill and why in the world they would forward it to a collection agency when I have insurance. (Please note that I have gone to the same place for other scans 2-3 times this past year). So sending the bill to my insurance should not be an issue here... right? The office directs to to call their billing office. I finally get someone on the phone and she spends 10 minutes or so "trying to figure why they sent this to them and not to my insurance". She read me my address that she claims came back to them as a "bad address"... same one the collection agency sent this letter to as well... everyone has all of my phone numbers on file too... "so where are we going with this", I ask her. She says she cannot access my insurance info and will have to investigate the whole issue internally and then contact the collection agency. And then I have to call back tomorrow to follow up... Of course! No problem, I love spending my time tracking down and following up on the neverending idiotic billing mistakes that seem to be happening more and more these days. And then, get this... about an hour later I noticed a "missed call" on my other cell phone. I check the voicemail and it is a recording of some sort from the collection agency claiming that this is their fourth and final attempt to get into touch with me regarding a "severely overdue" debt. Don't you just LOVE their overly-exerted power and persuasion to get me to call them? Seriously, I find all of this VERY amusing. I mean, is this how they really treat someone that did not pay a bill on time? Because I do not understand how a payment can be severely overdue if the appointment was last month and how is their fourth and final attempt to retrieve payment when I JUST got the letter last night and they have NEVER called me before today? Absolutely amazing! I did suck it up this afternoon and call the collection agency... they started this whole loud pushy spill about my lack of payment, yadda, yadda, yadda.... I simply came back even Louder in the middle of her spill and cut her off by telling her the problem was solved. And she said "oh okay, thank you"...and hung up. Now the real fun begins... finding out if they already dinged my credit report or not... And then having to fight to remove it... Yippee freakin' Skippy.

No comments: