Monday, January 5, 2009

Post-Surgery Fun

Just a forewarning… this blog could get ugly…

I have to say I am happy so far with my post-surgery results… I have successfully “had to go to the bathroom” pretty much every day since 48 hours after the surgery mid-last week! And that is THE biggest problem I had before the surgery. Yes, I will admit that I have struggled with this problem of not having “movements” for years- just to be brutally honest. And I hope that with this surgery comes somewhat of a relief to this burden of mine I like to refer to as “I am a once-a-weeker”. My mom and my paternal grandmother both have this same problem so I get it from both sides of my family tree! How unfair is that? I have heard so many stories from folks who have had this surgery and how they had such differing results. For example, the surgeon said I would experience up to 6 months of diarrhea. A couple of folks said that salad consumption would send me immediately flying to the restroom. One dear friend said that she could not eat anything fried or greasy for over a year post-surgery! A co-worker said that her sister could not tolerate any thing with sugar (poor girl!)… And yet, as for ME… I have done ALL of these in the past week and not one of them has made me sick, sent me flying to the loo, gave me massive stomach pains or cramps, etc. So maybe my stomach is made of cast iron…? Or maybe I have been backed-up for so long that my digestive system is just super relieved and let’s everything pass through as intended in my original system design…? Who knows, all I do know is praise the Lord for second chances! On that note, I will be in the bathroom after I post this…;-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your surgrey went well and your feeling good! Heather