Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just Plain Ol' Annoying!

I seem to be struggling a lot lately with other folks’ shortcomings… or with other folks’ bad habits is more like it. Maybe they are not their bad habits but more like my pet peeves- who knows. But, what I do know is that it seems to be happening more and more each day… with co-workers or acquaintances or friends or even family. And I admit that most of them are probably small, unimportant things, but sometimes a lot of little things tend to add up to much bigger headaches for me. Or maybe I am just way too easily agitated and need to “lighten up” as my Husband tells me quite often…again, who knows. Here are a few examples of such behaviors:
- If I call you, it annoys me for you to talk and/or yell at your pet in mid-conversation. (Or your children/spouse/etc.)
- Please don’t wear “low-rise” jeans to work and continuously flash me the back of your boxers all throughout the day- and I am not talking because they are hanging off you because your jeans are too big. They are just too short in the back because of your gut in the front- another reason you should not be wearing them!
- If you call me to talk, don’t rush me off the phone while I am in mid-sentence.
- If you fill your coffee cup and there is less than 1 cup of coffee in the pot, make another pot.
- If you get coffee out of the company coffee pot, make darn sure you put the pot completely back onto the heated burner!
- When I send you and others an email, do not Reply All if you are replying to me.
- Do not touch/use my laptop ever. Period.
- If you go # 2 in the company restroom, spray the air freshener for crying out loud!
- Fill the paper tray on the printer if it runs out in the middle of your print task!!!
- Listen and remember when I tell you important dates, meetings, issues, etc. Please don’t make me have to repeat myself every single time we talk after that.
- If you are going to be late to work and/or not show up, Call me and let me know- don’t make me wonder for hours on end!
- If you choose to wear T-shirts and sandals to work in the winter because you “are from up north where the “real” cold weather is”, do not crank up the thermostat to accommodate you- the rest of us are boiling!
- Just because you are a college graduate does not make you better than our field men… lose the attitude! And turn stop texting your buddies while on the clock!
- If you open up drawers, cabinets, doors, etc., close them back when finished.
- Put the toilet paper roll on the toilet paper holder- don’t just sit it on top.
- To be continued…

No comments: