Monday, June 4, 2007

It's Times Like These

It’s times like these that make me wanna go UUGGHHH… My company’s Atlanta office seems to be on the downhill these days considering we have not landed a decent project in well over a year now and here lately the trend seems to be “every man for himself”. We have lost a large amount of people from the laborer level up to Project Manager. We lost another PM today. That leaves this office with three total left. 3! I am now one of THREE… and I am at a loss. My phone rings off the hook every day now with another recruiter asking about my position with the company and can they get a copy of my resume… At first I was flattered, but now it is almost borderline stalking! I had two calls at the same time on Friday afternoon while I was talking to a third party- it jammed up my new cell phone! I had to reset the damn phone because it cannot handle so many incoming calls I suppose! It really saddens me the whole situation at work… does not make for a very fun environment for those us of that are busy and still emplyed there…I did pull out the ol’ resume this past weekend and update it… just in case. I do not think I will have any problems finding a new gig if the need arises. I guess what irritates me the most is the amount of dinero these other firms are offering… some over $20K above what I am making now…makes me sick to my stomach… makes me want to hop across the fence and see if the grass really is greener on the other side. Yep, every body wants a good woman on their team for some reason… probably that whole minority thing again… just not sure what I am going to do…

No comments: