Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Honeysuckle Season

Has anyone noticed the honeysuckle vines blooming lately? It seems to be every where right now and it smells SOOO good! I smelled it last week in the park where we boot camp in the early hours of the morning. I smell it when I go see Sampson over at our good neighbors house. I smelled it many, many times this past weekend back home in the country.
When I was a child, we would pull the blooms off the honeysuckle vine and pull the flower out to eat the small drop of "honey" in it... just what the bees are always after! That little drop of sweetness was so good to a child's taste buds. Of course, I would never do it now. Lord knows what kind of chemicals are layered on the blooms these days...

1 comment:

Scraps said...

Eat the Honeysuckle drops. nothing to worry about.

Hubby,