Thursday, August 13, 2009

Attempting The Impossible

My reality slapped me really hard today. When I saw the subject line of the new email in my Inbox, my heart fluttered....and the realization of my destiny hit me like a ton of bricks. It was the official confirmation email from the Georgia multi-sports company alerting me that they have received my application for the sprint triathlon next month. Oh my word, what have I gotten myself into? Did I forget to mention that I got a wild and crazy hair and decided to sign up for a triathlon? That's right folks, I am going to attempt the impossible. I am hoping to prove to myself that I CAN exert myself for over two hours and not die in the process from heat exhaustion, heart failure or just plain ol' fatigue. And it's all for a GREAT cause- Alzheimer's research!! Heck, writing that check to the Alzheimer's Association was the easiest part! It's the actual race that worries me... and I wonder why!!???
So now it is (as of today) T minus 37 days to my newest goal... my D-Day, September 19th. 37 long days of training for the inevitable... will I make it? Your darn skippy I will! Even if it kills me....;-D

2 comments:

Katie Leipprandt said...

I am so stinking excited for you Kelly!!! I know you're going to finish strong. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Kelly said...

Thanks Katie!! Maybe next year you can join me...? LOL