Monday, August 17, 2009

Sleepin' Squirrels!


THIS is what greeted me when I got home tonight from work- a sleeping squirrel on the top rail of the back deck. Well his eyes were closed when I first spotted him... I was not sure if he was sleeping or dead. Very creepy either way! I go out the back door and onto the deck to see about him and when I rounded the corner he opened his eyes but did not move... shocked maybe? I made of couple of motions with my hands and he moved a little and eventually jumped over about a foot or two when I started doing a jig (keep in mind I am at least 15 ft from him- gotta keep a safe distance in case he decides to attack)... And his mouth was moving funny... after about a minute or two it is evident there is something wrong with him. So I go inside and watch him from the sunroom windows... I snap this pic with my phone and email it to Hubby titled as "Sleepin Squirrel". And his response? "Get the .22 and put a hole in that varmint". We are so ready to move to the country!
8/18/2009- Squirrel Update:
Squirrel showed up again this morning only after I discovered our geriatric black lab trying to retrieve him off the top of the same top handrail on the back deck... same behaviors as last evening but Sampson managed to get him by the tail with his mouth and I (of course) freaked out because the last we need is Sampson to get more sickness. So being the born and bred redneck that I really am... I shot the squirrel.

No comments: