Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'll Take A Good Day Any Day

It has been over two weeks since I took my Grandmother to her tri-monthly visit to the neurologist…. Which means she has not been on any Alzheimer’s meds in over two weeks (Ref: Blog dated 8/15/08)… I am supposed to be watching her closely to see if she shows any signs of “notable” changes in her behavior patterns. Now I do not want to jinx any good juju in this dementia rollercoaster chapter of my life, but in this past week alone she has not mentioned a word regarding any stolen shoes or that “those people” have been coming into her apartment and messing up her stuff and/or stealing her “good things”. I am wondering if this could possibly be a good result of coming off those meds? Or could it be the fact that I take the painstaking challenge on every phone call with her to keep the subjects of discussion tailored around the weather, my work, bad traffic, exercising, food, immediate family members, or any other neutral topic that will keep her mind off the other? Who knows! All I know is that this week of phone calls with her have been WONDERFUL and those good calls really make my day! And a good day for me makes me smile!!! =~D

No comments: