Sunday, August 17, 2008

BLT's Recipe

Since I am heading out of town all next week, I have spent quite a bit of what little free time I have preparing for my absence from Monday to Friday. Hubby and I have really enjoyed any homegrown veggies we have managed to purchase or receive as gifts this summer. Hubby has really discovered just how good a homegrown tomato really is… even though he has always said he does not like tomatoes! Our favorite dish we use them in is BLT’s. We have eaten a LOT of BLT’s these past few weeks. I kind of “lightened” up my recipe for a BLT by using only minimal mayo, lots of black pepper and turkey bacon. I also use the fresh homegrown tomatoes and romaine lettuce but the tomato is what really makes the sandwich SO good! And because Hubby is going to be on his own this week, we made a stop this weekend at one of the few veggie stands here in East Cobb and purchased tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches and peppers. Hubby will be eating great sandwiches and salad all week! Oh, and by the way the first big tomato harvested from my plants (refer to blog from August 14) was eaten yesterday for lunch- Yummy!
This past week at work was extremely busy for me since I will be gone on vacation all this coming week. I seriously had to cram two weeks of work into one. But, if all goes well (considering the tropical storm brewing just south of Cuba tonight) this 4-night cruise to the Bahamas will be a wonderful, restful trip away from the gritty, grueling work place. I look forward to sun and fun on my birthday week on a cruise ship and visiting the island’s best beaches. I just hope this trip is a fun way to bring me into my mid-30’s. I do know that I will take lots of photos and promise to share when I return.

No comments: