Thursday, November 20, 2008

Alls Well That Ends Well...

I spent my work day today heading out to Villa Rica in the western part of the state to turn in a bid for an upcoming project there. I had mixed feelings about this project before we bid it and going back out there today just solidified my feelings. You see I worked on a project just across the street from this upcoming project site back in 2002 and have no desire to go back there for work. Well the good news is that we were not low bidder today. The bad news is that we were the highest bidder at the bid opening… last place and our price was more than 30% higher than the lowest bidder! It was so embarrassing to hear our huge bid called out so much higher than the others. But, I was internally breathing a sigh of relief. Alls well the ends well…

No comments: