Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today Is The Day That The Lord Hath Made...

Well election day is finally here… and what a long, tumultuous ride it has been! I managed to keep my opinion to myself up until this past weekend… that is what happens after you have absorbed so much one-sided information from the ongoing media crap Hubby keeps on the boob-tube. They report the same stories over and over (mostly about the liberal senator) and I can only take so much of it!
The most amusing part of it all to me was the responses that I get toward my blog and its content. Most of the responses remind me of people who I can only imagine live under a rock and live some fantasy tale where they just float through life only hearing a few facts and not actually looking at the entire picture. They are dreamers, wishers, hopefuls, idealists, romantics… always optimistic and never realist… I am sorry but I live in the real world and the real world sucks. It involves a job, responsibilities, purpose, loyalty, integrity, goals, a plan for the future, and a back up plan for obstacles… I could go on and on… but, thinking about it and everything else in the world makes my head ache.
I will say that I thought for a long time today about what exactly upsets me the most about this election. It is not the fact that the Democrats might get elected to office… I really do not mind the Democratic party- to a certain extent. It is really just that I do not like their candidate. Their candidate is what angers me the most… there are just way too many questions revolving around him and his history and his beliefs and it makes me uncomfortable- I just do not know how to explain it to be honest. And it just amazes me how many folks are infatuated with him because he is so “cool” and because he is the Hollywood stars’ choice… blah, blah, blah…
I got the polls around 3:50 this afternoon, walked right in and voted, and was back in my car by 4:00pm… I said a short prayer when I pushed the touch screen for the X next to McC’s name… today I prayed for us… and our country… may God bless us…and our country…

1 comment:

Kelly said...

If you want to voice your personal opinions and beliefs regarding the subject of my posts, go write your own blog with your own views. My blog contains my personal thoughts and if you do not agree with my opinion or do not like my written thoughts, then do not leave a comment. Period.