Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Motion sickness for me...

I have decided that after this past long 3-day weekend that ALL weekends should be 3-day weekends! Who decided that the "work-week" should be 5 days and not 4? We had the most fun and wonderful 3-day weekend considering for once we did not travel out of town and did not have a hectic or planned schedule for the entire 3 days. We just stayed home, went mountain biking, swam lengths at the local aquatic center, caught up on household and yard work, hit some golf balls at the driving range and just rested... hmmmmm how nice... Again, I could get SO much done if every weekend was a 3-day weekend! We did have an eventful Sunday... speaking of mountain biking, my husband convinced me to purchase the "clip-in" cycling shoes that every biker MUST have... the theory behind these shoes is that they "attach" your feet to the bike so you are moving in one motion. This one motion supposedly helps with biking up tough inclines, over rocky terrain, etc. Well that might be so for the professional level bikers, but for me that means when the bike stops on the steep hill, the bikes falls and so do I! Needless to say, I took 2 really bad spills Sunday just practicing with the clip-ins in our driveway for crying out loud! I thought the first crash was bad on the rough asphalt but the second hurt REALLY bad. I fell on the wood bridge over the creek in our driveway; therefore, also banging my head on the bridge rails. I have been in pain from all the "road rash" I received in both falls: bruises, scrapes, swollen elbow and knee, etc. I am a mess! (Road rash is what the Barista at Starbucks called it this morning when he saw it) Anyhoo, I realized while sitting on the bridge crying and staring at my busted limbs that I am not in my early 20's anymore... My husband went right back then and changed the clip-ins to regular pedals... for now. Maybe after the wounds are healed and I am my chipper self, I will try again and again and again- just on the grass.

No comments: