Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On the Road Again

This morning on my way into Atlanta for a job site meeting, I am trudging along with the 70+ mph flow of vehicles on I-75 South. I am about 3 exits away from my destination still fuming from the little incident earlier back up the Interstate when the lady in the minivan started honking at me while merging off the exit ramp. I look to my right and notice one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen on the Atlanta roads. Picture this: An old beat-up beige-colored Ford pickup… old sticker markings on the doors from the previous life of being a commercial-owned fleet vehicle… bent rear bumper, miscellaneous dents and dings all over, a homemade roof-mounted megaphone of some sort on top…. And the best part- a large rubber skin-toned almost life-like scrotum sack hanging from the center of the back bumper… and they are just swinging in the wind from the steady vibration of the ol’ redneck truck cruising up the interstate. I almost died laughing… Now, I have be honest…. This was not the first time I have ever seen the rubber balls before in my time… One of my oldest friends from back home proudly displayed a red pair from the rear of his red Dodge pick-up, but at least they were somewhat discreetly hung from behind the bumper and not directly off the top! But, the pair this morning were way too in-your-face! I am sure that fella gets LOTS of attention from his sizable pair to say the least… He should be fussed at… I bet more people have crashed their own vehicle from doing a double-take after catching a glimpse of those on the road!

No comments: