Saturday, September 15, 2007

Has It Been A Year Already?

Yesterday's lunch marked the date September 14, 2007 as a great day in my history book of life. I ate the final bowl of wedding gumbo for lunch. Yes, the 20+ bowls of seafood gumbo left over after our Low Country Boil wedding reception have been in the freezer all year and we sporadically open them for supper. Well I took the final bit left for lunch and happily ate it at my desk at work. This is very fitting considering we are only one week away from our 1-year anniversary. Can you believe it? It has been a whole, entire year since we married last September 22!! I remember this very weekend one year ago we were frantically doing yardwork, landscaping, cleaning the house inside and out, making lists and checking them thrice... I remember telling myself: Go, Go Go! You can sleep on the honeymoon!! It was a crazy time for us and the saddest part is that it was over as quickly as it began... In the meantime, we are preparing for our 1-year anniversary trip... we leave late next week for our trip up the PCH from Los Angeles, CA up to Seattle, WA... 9 nights up the beautiful, cool West coast... just me and my wonderful husband... I cannot wait!!!!!

No comments: