Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

Well I spoke too soon… I was giddy that she was getting out of the hospital late this morning. We made it back to her apartment. She did not seem to be maneuvering around her place too easily though… it is almost like her eyesight is 100 times worse than what it was before she went into the hospital. I was eager to get on the road to work. But, for some reason, I decided to stay and eat lunch with her. Afterwards, we went back to her apartment and she sat in the recliner to nap a little. I sat on the couch to compose my blog… minutes later she was having a massive seizure… my heart was racing so fast I thought it would burst. I tried to talk to her and make it stop…. And finally the shaking stopped. I started crying and asking her if she was all right… she started babbling a bunch of words that I could not comprehend… then she seemed fine… I thought for a brief moment that she WAS okay. But then she did it again… another full-blown seizure…wild-eyed and shaking compulsively out-of-control… I was so scared! I grabbed the phone and called up front… they came running… she then went limp and turned cold… no pulse, no response…. We kept talking to her trying to get a response. Every couple of minutes she would slightly squeeze my hand when I begged her to… I am absolutely bawling like a baby…and she is down for the count it seemed…. The EMT’s finally arrive and as soon as they try to put her on the gurney, she miraculously wakes up and starts raging and cussing every one in the most combative way I have ever witnessed… she is screaming and carrying on… I am trying not to hear her words and anger… she does not want to go back to “that place”! They finally take her and off to the ER we go… and after 5 ½ hours in the ER and a CT scan of her head later, we are back in hospital… same bat room, same bat floor… and here I am spending the night… in a lovely nylon maroon recliner tonight… and I am not too excited about it… and who knows what tomorrow brings or tonight for that matter.

No comments: