Sunday, June 8, 2008

How Sweet Is That??

I have to share something with you today. Sunday is always laundry day around our house and I have this little game I play where I get to keep any loot I find in Hubby's pockets. He is notorious for leaving pocket change and dollar bills in his jeans pockets and I get all excited when I occasionally hit the "Jackpot". Well, I made the mistake of telling him about my little game a while back and since then the "booty" has lessened tremendously. I joked with him and told him that I looked at the loot as tips for all my great housework. But, he has gotten smart and remembered to empty his pockets before throwing them into the hamper (or leaving them in the floor for me to pick up later).
Well, this afternoon I was sorting laundry and had already combed through 3 pairs of jeans with NO loot... and when I picked up the fourth pair (quite near the bottom of the hamper) I heard coins jingling... I thought to myself- "Woohoo! Show me the money!". So I reached into the pocket and I pulled out a wad of bills (5's and 1's) and a receipt was wrapped around them with a scribbled note. The note said, "Sweetie, here is a tip. Miss you & love you. Mike" It made me tear up a little and then I took off to find him... he just smiled and said he did that on Monday night (just one night after I left). How sweet is that?? Man, I am blessed or what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always had that same rule at my house too!;)Heather

Anonymous said...

All I find are Delta ear plugs. Tiffany