Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Zumba!

One of the instructors at my workout studio talked me into trying out a new exercise class they are promoting called "Zumba". The first class was last night after my usual class time. The definition of Zumba is "Zumba fuses hypnotic latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic workout system that will blow you away"... which to you and I means crazy Latin dances moves incorporated into a workout. And if you are like me and have NO rhythm and NO coordination, then you look like a freak trying to gyrate and rotate like the double-jointed instructor... she could definitely be an excellent belly dancer in her second job. We did a lot of gyrating, some salsa, some merengue, some mambo, and a lot of shimmy-ing! Yes, we did the whole cowgirl lasso stint. Yes, people Kelly actually shimmy-ed and lasso-ed it up last night...
Check out a video sample of Zumba for insight.

No comments: