Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tick Tock

We ventured to my hometown this weekend for a visit... mostly to take my Grandmother to a family reunion today. Needless to say it has been sweltering all darn weekend... the humidity just sucks the life of me. Of course, it could be because I live in the AC at work and home? Anyway, I actually have a funny episode to write about...

Saturday after our BBQ lunch at my favorite BBQ place in town, we went on a nature hike around some property we are interested in just outside of town. We took precaution in our clothing wearing jeans and shoes (instead of sandals/flip flops) since we would be trekking around in the wilderness for who knows how long... camera/bottle of water in hand and we take off. Even in the woods it is blazing hot... we trekked for about an hour or so and once my 20 oz of precious water was long gone I pleaded mercy to leave... so we then went to my grandmother's house to do some overdue cleaning... a couple of hours later with the cleaning done we got into the truck to go visit my Mom. I happened to look in the mirror above the driver's seat and noticed a chunk of dirt caught in my eyelashes... using my index finger and thumb I tried to pull it off my eyelashes and it would not budge (for the ladies- imagine pullling a glob of mascara off your lashes). I am thinking to myself- how odd it was that first of all, it was there and secondly, why it would not pull off! I kept trying and for the life of me it would not budge! Mike is probably wondering what I am doing and why do I keep pulling on my lashes... I finally give up and figure I will just borrow some tweezers when we get to my Mom's.

We arrive at Mom's and few minutes later she has me sitting in front of her make-up mirror, tweezers in hand and me on a mission to remove the dirt... (now keep in mind looking back on this now that I am not really sure what possessed me to keep trying but I am glad I did!) I tugged numerous times and it would seem to move a little but never completely off my eyelid... all of sudden I got a little closer to the mirror and watched this time while pulling the "dirt" and trying not to pull the skin again and the dirt had LEGS!!! Omigosh! It was a tick for crying out loud!! I panicked and started yelling and dancing around her bedroom.. she and Mike thought I had lost my mind! All I had going through my mind was that the tick was going to crawl into my eyeball and latch on and I would have to go to the hospital to have it removed surgically! I was freaking out!! I was scared to death! My Mom is screaming for me to lay on the bed so she can get it...one attempt and I thought she was going to poke my eyeball out! I grabbed the tweezers and got back in the chair... I figured I could inflict a lot more pain upon myself than either of them ever could...After three or so attempts I thought to hell with the lashes I am digging in! I grabbed eyelid, lashes and pulled like never before... it hurt like hell... but I got him! I mean that little sucker was clamped to the rim of my eyelid like no tomorrow! Afterwards, I don't think I have felt relief like that in a LONG time... I was literally crying at all of the bad thoughts going through my head...Needless to say, they were just happy that I stopped yelling and carrying on. What a fiasco to say the least...

No comments: