Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Dry South West

I flew into Albuquerque for work yesterday and will leave tomorrow to go home. I really love coming out here to visit. I was here in July and now I am here in October and will be back in December the weekend before Christmas. The best part about this part of the country is the colder yet drier climate. My hair has never been straighter! The downer about it is the affects of the dry air on me... my hands and lips are so dry and chapped. I already broke three finger nails and do not get me started about the inside of my nostrils! Let's just say that lotion must be packed as well as chapstick. I forgot a nail file... so shaping up those jagged nails is out of the question. And the static electricity is unbelievalbe... especially if you are wearing a fleece jacket! All in all, I really do love it... but, with any love comes suffering I suppose.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Kelly, I just stumbled across your blog. I've lived in ABQ for the last five years after spending most of my life in Ohio. It certainly is dry here. And 100 degrees feels cooler than 80 back home in Ohio with the low humidity, it's true. You've caught on to what it takes to care for your skin here.

Regarding the stolen McCain sign, I am not a McCain supporter, but I certainly think such vandalism is completely uncalled for. I don't think anyone who does such things really is a supporter of any American ideals.

Have a good trip back to ABQ in December.