Saturday, February 16, 2008

25 Years of Greatness

I heard some of the greatest news in quite a long time this past week…. I could not believe my eyes when I read the announcement…it was like coming home… back in the 80’s…. yes, folks I am so excited to announce that they just released the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s Thriller album- The World’s Biggest Selling Album Of All Time!!!! How freakin’ awesome is that??? I purchased the album off iTunes this past Wednesday night before my flight on Thursday… I used my gift card from Christmas…I listened to half of the album on the flight Thursday night to Jacksonville… it was like butter…. Like AWESOME butter! Listening to those old tunes makes me remember back when I was 10 years old and laying on the couch in the single-wide trailer we temporarily lived in after my parents’ divorce… singing at the top of my lungs with ol’ MJ while staring at the cover of that 33…. Wishing I could be like him… dance like him…. Sing like him… the jacket, the glove, the cool moves….the moonwalk… the spin…he was a ICON… he was the BOMB… and to this very day MJ is probably my most favorite musician of my lifetime… now don’t get me wrong- there are others that I love too… Julie Andrews, The Beatles, Guns N Roses, and more… but, MJ has been my favorite for YEARS. I even own most of the albums he released after Thriller… he has to be one of the most talented musical performers of all time- hands down. Yes, he did some questionable things over the past… the plastic surgeries, the kiddies play farm, etc…. but, when I hear his name or see his picture I always think of his music. And that is what he represents… the music. And the new Thriller album is another great release from the man, MJ…. 26 tracks of all-around greatness… music, videos, commentaries, pretty neat stuff… Go check it out!


No comments: