Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Sacrifices Are Abundant These Days It Seems

Yesterday was Mike’s birthday… I drove as fast as I could from LaGrange yesterday evening to get home to celebrate. We wound up going out to eat sushi and had a blast at the one sushi bar we frequent the most near home… some odd couple at the table next to us ordered Mike a high-octane drink in commemoration of his big day… it was pretty funny actually… the restaurant brought two birthday balloons out and tied them to the back of his chair right after we first got there and the sushi chef kept wishing him a happy birthday every time he would send us another roll. When they brought him his drink, they all sang him happy birthday in their Japanese language… pretty amusing to say the least. Not much more celebration for us other than the sushi bar since Mike kept telling me that he felt like he was coming down with a cold… Well that is just great! Now I am going to get sick again! This on top of my trip out of town Thursday and Friday for work… oh, yes, my company decided to fly me and 5 others to Jacksonville, FL this Thursday night to stay the night in some airport hotel and then drive 40 miles north into south Georgia to go do a presentation for some project we are competing for…. Do they realize that Thursday is Valentine’s Day for crying out loud?? Yes, I will be in another state from my husband on the romantic day of the year… how special is that? What a way to spend it… with co-workers… or just me all by my lonesome in a strange hotel room next to the airport… Fun, fun, fun… did I mention Fun? I tell you the sacrifices that I make for my employer…

No comments: