Friday, February 8, 2008

Over and Over and Over

This week has been one of the longest work weeks of my life. Yes, I am just about ready to pull my hair out! All of our annual performance reviews are due by the 15th of this month and somehow I ended up have to prepare for and review seven people (other than myself) this week… sometimes I firmly believe that I am a glutton for punishment! I suppose since our boss got fired back in December, I got a few more reviews thrown on my plate than what I would normally do… and it sucketh! It seems like every one has their own little quirks and issues… but, each and every one of them has at least one thing that that sets them off from the rest… more money, new title, recognition, new project, whatever it is… and now I have to sit down sometime over the course of this weekend and fill out my own review sheets on me and send them in… and then sit down one day next week with the VP of our company and the Director of HR and painstakingly go through my review in detail… detail by detail… line by line… issue by issue… problem after problem… over and over and over…. Just poke me in the eyeballs with toothpicks now… Please….

No comments: