Friday, February 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I made it home tonight from my overnight trip to South Georgia. Yes, a group of us from my company did a presentation early this morning in hopes of being selected to do an upgrade/expansion to an existing wastewater treatment plant down there. I was pretty sore about going out of town on Valentine’s Day, but when I received my boarding ticket from the check-in counter, I was so surprised to see that my seat was 1B- First class baby! How nice was it to fly in first class on V-Day? Even if it was just a 58 minute flight, it was awesome to spend 58 minutes being treated like royalty…. I couldn’t finish my drink without another one being served to me… the non-stop drink service had to have happened only because I was physically sitting in the aisle seat of the FIRST row and the attendants were pretty much staring directly at me from their station in the front of the plane. I was in heaven! I had downloaded a bunch of new music to my iPod and barely got a chance to listen to a couple of songs before we were already descending into Jacksonville. By the time I made it to my hotel room, I was dead tired… and still needed to practice my parts for the presentation. I woke up very early to shower and practice some more… boy do I hate talking about myself and about our company and how great we think we are! The town where we presented was right on the coast of Georgia, very close to the Cumberland Island ferry. The town was so quiet and absolutely beautiful… I suppose if we are selected, I will be traveling down there quite a bit- not too shabby!! The trip back was pretty uneventful. And now I am home and really tired. After a long week of performance reviews including my own, a very hairy meeting on Thursday on my Conyers project and then this 2 days of traveling, I am hurting and very sleeeeepyyyyyyy….. Oh well, I have the weekend to recover…

No comments: