Monday, February 25, 2008

Bored Out Of My Gourd

I really, really hate being bored. And today just like a couple of days last week, I have spent most of my work day today doing much of nothing. I have a few small tasks on my ongoing to-do list but, nothing of any importance.... nothing to keep me busy... nothing to keep me on my toes... nothing to sweat over... nothing to rile me up or stress me out... nothing to come home griping about to my husband... nothing. And I do not know how to handle this... this nothing-ness... and unfortunately, it is not just me... it is about 3/4 of the folks remaining in our office... only 4 folks out of 10 actually have stuff to do ALL day long... a day full of things to do...and I am jealous! I did not even show up today for work until 9am for crying out loud! And by 10am I was bored out of my gourd! I have surfed the web...printed out recipes...surfed the web...called some friends...surfed the web...checked my banking stuff... surfed the web... emailed some pics of our quail hunting trip...surfed the web...cleaned out my email folders...surfed the web...chit-chatted with co-workers...surfed the web...ate my lunch...surfed the web... organized my Picture folders on my laptop...surfed the web... cleaned out my briefcase...surfed the web... oh, and did I mention surf the web? If only I could go home and get some housework done...laundry washed... fridge cleaned out... garage cleaned up... floors swept... floor mopped... dusting... bathrooms... bedrooms... so much to do... and so much time spent here in the office doing N-O-T-H-I-N-G... I am seriously going out of my mind!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just googled bored out of my gourd - I think that says it all

I am with ou sistah

Anonymous said...

oh and I am a huge beejees fan - thank you