Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life Just Doesn't Get Better Than This

My work life right now is such a rollercoaster these days it seems. Our company has not landed a project here in the southeast division since last February 2007 and it was a small sized one at that. The last one before that was the July 2006 and it too was small sized. Well I happen to be the PM on both of these projects and the one from 2006 is complete and the other one from last February should be over but with all of the delays and issues that have occurred throughout the course of the project, we are FAR from being over! So, that being said, I am “technically” still busy but most of our folks (that are still employed) are not busy. And that makes work not-too-exciting these days for all of us! Those folks that do not have a project to work on gripe and moan day in and day out that they want something to work on… and those of us with a project to work on moan and groan because we are covered-up with work and need some relief… or maybe that is just me doing all the moaning and groaning because most of the others are too afraid to complain for fear of getting let go…? I just don’t think about the big “what if?” any more… I learned a long time ago that worrying all the time about what might happen down the road is just too time and energy consuming… and it is just not healthy for me to keep stressing over what I cannot control! Some days I wish I could cruise into the office, fix myself a cup of coffee, sit down at my desk and wonder what the heck am I going to do with myself today??!! I almost welcome it at this point… some folks would say that I am lucky because my company has kept me busy for the past 5 years of my employment… Lucky? Maybe not lucky but more like fortunate I suppose… yet, I still feel like I am burn out because I have been so stretched and busy for 5 years straight… or maybe that is just the difference between me and the rest of my co-workers… that is what sets us apart… I do not know what the future holds for our division… others like to make unnecessary assumptions and predictions… I look at it like an eventful soap opera… and I have a side line seat watching the drama unfold each day… why would I quit and give up that opportunity? I am getting paid to watch what most folks would KILL to see on television for crying out loud! Life just doesn’t get better than this….

No comments: