Friday, September 12, 2008

360 Degree Turn in the Road of My Life

Oh how life has a way of doing a 360 degree for some folks... especially my life! I am happy to announce that after four months of boot camp as a camper, I am now a boot camp instructor! Yes, today was the end of my first week as an instructor and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it! L-o-v-e it! This has been such a great week for me in many aspects... not only was this week my first week instructing, but I also hopped on the scales again this morning and I have lost a total of 28 lbs!! Now here is the kicker: 28 lbs is a LOT... 28 lbs is so much that I have to make an appointment with the jeweler to have my wedding rings sized DOWN! How awesome is that? I am hoping to get to the jeweler next week... and it is almost an emergency down-sizing because they are really, really loose and I cannot hardly type with the engagement ring on any more because it keeps rolling around and around. And I think Hubby is starting to get nervous...
I am also still discovering an entire "new" wardrobe of clothes in my closet and clothes drawers that I have not wore in YEARS. I am having such a good time trying on clothes that I actually "forgot" about! I am now having to put away T-shirts that are too big no too...which is so ironic considering that for my entire life I have always put away good clothes thinking that "I will save this just in case one day I will fit into it again".
My new company car arrived on Wednesday of this week... a Ford Taurus and it is really nice. It has some serious "get-up and go" as my grandmother used to say. Sitting that close to the road is really going to take some getting used to needless to say. But, this is a fuel-saving step in the future of our company and I am a supporter.
Hubby and I are headed up to Tennesee this afternoon to camp and whitewater raft the Ocoee River with some friends... pics to follow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m so impressed that you stuck with boot camp, lost 28 pounds and you’re now a instructor. While I like to rise early I can’t imagine doing high cardio exercise that early. Very impressive, very impressive indeed! Heather

Holly said...

Kudos on the 28 lbs lost! That rocks. I lost 40 lbs just over a yr and a half ago. It was lots of fun getting out all of the old clothes I wondered if I'd ever fit into again. I also made sure I gave away all my bigger clothes so I had no excuse to gain it back!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! You are an amazing instructor and really encourage and motivate ALL the campers and instructors. Keep it up! You are changing lives around you everyday!