Friday, September 26, 2008

The Panic Has Set In

The panic seriously set in last night... we went to find gas for Hubby's work truck after supper. No such luck! We drove to at least TWELVE gas stations within 5 or so miles of our home and no one, I repeat NO ONE had gas! At this point, price is not even the problem... the problem is the fact that there is NO gas. It is so weird to drive up and down the road and every single gas station has no dollar amounts on the gas signs and the pumps are totally empty of traffic. The QT down the road from my office was/is like a ghost town this week. And that particular station usually has so many folks in the parking lot that you can not even turn into it just to go in and buy a coke. Yesterday, I was the only customer in the parking lot and in the store! The staff on duty were dusting the shelves and mopping the floors to stay busy! I could not believe it...After the pointless drive in circles last night gas-hunting with Hubby, I could not get the gas situation off my mind. I got up really, really early and left the house even earlier than the usual 4:30am to go find gas for my car since I was down to 1/4 tank... I said a prayer when I left our subdivision that I would find gas on the way to boot camp... Again, every station was out of gas or closed... and then, halleluyah I spotted some cars getting precious petro at the last station along the main drag out of Cobb county. My hands were shaking as I retrieved the nozzle and started the pump. The wonderful sound of gas guzzling into my car never sounded so good! I had the biggest grin on my face the entire time... all the people getting gas were just staring at each other in relief. I never dreamed I would see the day when a simple task of filling up my car was such a blissful, fulfilling moment... Boy, times have changed...

No comments: