Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gas Woes... Again!

What is the deal with the gas pumps AGAIN???!! Yesterday, I was cruising home to a sick husband who stayed home all day... and every darn gas station between my office and home had umpteen cars parked around the pumps and stretching out into the road waiting to get gas! They were causing traffic jams all along the road! And the ones that did not have a traffic jam, were empty with caution tape wrapped around the pump island! Now I know I heard some tidbit on the radio yesterday about a gas shortage in the Southeast... but, come on people! If you really do not have an empty tank, why put yourself and the rest of us through this torture?? And then this morning at 4:35am... I repeat AT 4:35AM THIS MORNING the only one gas station open at that ungodly hour, a BP had people at EVERY pump getting gas!! Are you kidding me?? I had thought for one brief moment that I would fill up on the way to boot camp because the pumps would be EMPTY.... Wrong! Once again, the general population has not ceased to amaze me... I wonder if these folks actually got up that early to assure a tank of gas before the surge of others later???!! Unbelievable! Do you know that this type of hype at the pumps has been going on now off and on since 2005... I distinctly remember the first time it happened in late 2005... during hurricane season no less... When will the madness end?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Today when I went out to run a few errands, I noticed that the stations near our house had gotten a gas delivery overnight since all of them now have gas. Kroger had lines 7-8 cars deep, but if those people would have driven a 1/4 of a mile farther they could have gotten gas at the same price with no wait. That made zero sense to me!

and I remember the gas hype in 2005 very clearly. I was at work and the director let us all go a few at the time to full up our cars if we needed gas to get home.