Monday, September 15, 2008

What In The World Is Going On Today?

What in the world is going on today? We were gone on a weekend camping and white water rafting trip over the weekend up on the Ocoee River in Tennessee and we come home to complete chaos! We did notice on the way up on Friday afternoon that the gas prices seem to be jumping up the further we drove north. And wouldn’t you know that by the time we got home last night, most gas stations were out of gas! I intentionally left the house late this morning for two reasons: 1) I had the day off from boot camp and 2) I had only 1/8 tank of gas in the company car. I was scared to chance traffic with such a low level of fuel…. And what is worse is that all the stations on the way to work were out of gas! When I got near the office, the big QT station just down the road only had Premium fuel at $4.39/gallon… I was really beginning to panic at this point. So I spent my lunch hour looking for a gas station with Regular fuel… I lucked up with a Shell station off Satellite in Duluth thank goodness! And now the stock market is plunging too… what gives?
In the meantime, enjoy some action shots on the river from Saturday:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Girl....It got up to $5.19 here.
-poo