Wednesday, September 17, 2008

East Cobb Possum Trot

What is the deal with possums at 4:35am every morning?? Every morning this week, I have crossed paths with one possum on my way to boot camp! And it is always in the same residential area of east Cobb... this morning the little sucker ran toward into my path and stopped in his tracks to stare at my headlights! Of course, I nearly slammed on the brakes! Why do you ask would I actually stop for a possum of all things? Well, 1) now that I am rolling in the Taurus, I am MUCH lower to the ground and I do not want to FEEL my hitting it and 2) I sure as heck do not want to HEAR the crunch!! My rolling in a sedan these days has really changed my outlook on driving... being so close to the ground is a real pain in the butt to be perfectly honest... not only do I have to enter and leave our own driveway at home on a 45 degree angle just to keep from scraping the top but, I can feel EVERY bump, dip, hole, plate, and ragged spot on the road now! But, hey- that's how I roll!

No comments: