Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 1- I Can Feel My Hair Turning Gray While Waiting in Security Line

So I left my house this morning 3 hours before my flight departure time. Traffic was pretty light considering it is spring break this week… I was stoked at how quick I got to the Park-n-Ride lot… little did I know the debacle that was ahead of me at the airport at the time. Yes, I arrived to the curbside check-in at 9:10… I opted to pay the $3 per bag fee to check-in curbside to avoid the long lines at the ticket counters inside. But, I had no idea that the line for security was wrapped zigzag around each and every one of the baggage claims throughout the Delta terminal and then out the doors outside of the freakin’ airport building! And then down the sidewalk and wrapped twice! I was in shock and then pushed to the end of the line by the airport security folks… It seriously took me almost an hour and a half to get to the security gates… Unbelievable. And top of the crazy-long wait, some kid kept randomly bumping me the entire time along the way with himself or his bag… And it was hotter than blazes too. Oh, and my tote bag (oversized purse/tote) was pretty heavy- 19.5 lbs to be exact- yes, I actually weighed it at the curbside check-in. I was so excited when I got through the metal-detection equipment… these legs could not get me to the train and the gates fast enough. I made it to the gate just a few minutes before they called my zone to load the plane. And of course, the plane was FULL. I lucked up and got an aisle seat but sitting next to two large men so my personal space was minimal and my elbows kept getting hit by the drink cart. We finally finished the oh-so turbulent landing and made it off the plane. After a weird encounter with a blind man and his walking stick, I retrieved my bag from baggage claim and then called the shuttle. They informed me they could not pick up until 2:30… that was almost 2 hours from then! So here we go again… stuck at the airport waiting… the worse thing about the airport are the droves of people… SO many people! I personally think the Atlanta airport is the worst of the worse….I guess that being such a large airport it is only expected. But, you would think that by now they would have the security delays down pat. Oh, well it probably only happens during holidays and spring break I suppose.
Here I am in my hotel room and watching the second ep of The Hills… Day 1 done…cannot wait for Friday already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.