Monday, April 14, 2008

Tired Is Not EVEN The Right Word For Me

I finally made it back to Atlanta on Friday night/Saturday morning from my workweek in Denver. Yes, that would be at 12:45am on Saturday morning. It seemed like forever while waiting for my bag at Baggage Claim and then the trek to Ground Transportation to catch the Shuttle bus to my truck at the off terminal parking down the street. By the time I got on the bus, I was exhausted and it was raining. I wound up tipping the bus driver $5 bucks because I only had a five and a twenty but, it paid off… since I was his only rider and tipped him so well, he not only unloaded my 48 pound suitcase… he personally put in my truck for me IN THE RAIN! Man, what a great shuttle driver! Kudos to Pre-Flight Parking off Camp Creek Pkwy. By the time I drove home it was after 2:00am and I barely managed to wrestle that freaking 48 pound suitcase up the stairs in the garage to the den… when I did get in the door the warmth and smell of home just embraced me… it was like heaven after a week of air planes, training classes, hotel rooms, and rowdy co-workers. I stumbled to bed and just hugged my husband.
Saturday flew by… most of which was spent indoors and doing laundry. But, we did enjoy sushi out for supper. And then Sunday we left for back home… yes, I had to go home to sign my grandmother’s taxes. As her Legal Guardian I have to sign them but the worse part is that I still cannot believe that Uncle Sam still makes an 80-year-old file for taxes! How is that possible? Just because my grandparents scrimped and saved their entire lives in a lower-income bracket should not mean they have to pay taxes even up to now on that same money! Absolutely ridiculous…
Yet and still, we made the trip to sign the taxes yesterday and I drove back this morning only to spend the entire day touring two water treatment plants in the city of Atlanta (or what I like to refer as “the bowels of hell”). These are those type places where you do not touch ANY thing around you because lord knows what is on it now or what has touched it before you- nasty with a capital N. The tour was the second site walk for this upcoming project we are bidding. The bid date is next Wednesday and coming up really soon. And then what happens? I find out at 5pm today that I have to fly to Denver AGAIN this week! Yes, THIS week… this Thursday to be exact. And not only am I flying TO Denver on Thursday, but I am flying back FROM Denver on Thursday too! Didn’t I just get back from there? What… 3 days ago? And now I am going again in 3 days from now. My flight leaves Atlanta at 6:25am and arrive back here at 8:00pm that night…. Nothing like getting up at 4:00am to be gone for the next 16 hours! I tell you that beach vacation next week is looking better and better each day this week…

No comments: