Friday, April 4, 2008

Alzheimer's vs. Cancer 2

I wrote a blog back in late February titled Alzheimer’s vs. Cancer. This blog represented a subject that is very near and dear to my heart and I put a lot of effort into composing it. I got a LOT of feedback on the blog at my “other” blog-posting site. I did not get one single comment on this blog site when I posted… until this week. Someone “Anonymous” left me a comment this week on a blog post that was over a month old… they signed the comment “Mary-Anne”… now I do not mind folks I do not know commenting on this blog… the reason I am writing about this comment in particular though is to share with you the interesting link she added to her comment. This article “Alzheimer’s or Cancer: Which Disease Would You Rather Die From?” came out almost 3 weeks after my blog post… interesting article to say the least… I think this is such an interesting topic that could be discussed at so many different levels and in so many different angles. I still support my position and so does the writer of this article. Go check it out for yourself!
In the meantime, I keep seeing more and more commercials on the TV these days for Alzheimer’s medicines… mostly Aricept. I also keep seeing more articles in the AJC/local newspapers too about “dealing with aging parents and their dementia”… I am telling you- it is a HUGE sign of what is about to come in the future… Be Prepared I tell you! It is going to be a plague and I just hope that everyone is ready for it… if they do not put more money and effort into the research of this disease, we are all headed down a very scary and painful road… Soon enough... I guarantee it.

No comments: