Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 4- Bicycling Across Key West

Today we rented a couple of bicycles to go see all the other places on the island that we could not get to by bus or reasonable walking distance. I actually figured out the second day on the island that I did not bring any footwear worthy of long distance walking. As I have gotten older, flip flops and Teva water sandals just do not agree with my feet after about an hour of constant travel... and I wore those Tevas yesterday the entire day of walking and mostly bike riding. And my feet are killing me! In the meantime, we wound up seeing the Southernmost Point of the USA (along with the Southernmost house and the Southernmost Beach), we found the Key West lighthouse, the Memorial pier on the east side of the island, and many, many other local hot spots. The winds were breezy, the sun was harsh and the views were wonderful.

Check out my sun-kissed tresses and the view!
We ended the day back near Mallory Square to watch the sunset again...

No comments: