Sunday, April 6, 2008

Denver Bound

Boy, has this weekend flown by… especially when you are preparing to leave for a week away from home. Yes, I am flying to Denver tomorrow morning for a week of operations training. Now what exactly is operations training you ask? I have no idea! I guess I will let you know when I return after my flight arrives back in Atlanta on Friday night at 12 MIDNIGHT… Yes, that is right- midnight! What a crock of hoo-hah is that? The worse part about the whole trip is that I have not been away from my husband since we met for more than 2 nights… I have spent all weekend washing and packing and then also preparing for his being home alone… Today I have the kitchen all stocked up, his clothes are all clean, and his choice movies from Netflix are on their way in the mail… I mean what else could a man ask for? I almost have this dread-like feeling in the pit of my stomach like when my parent would leave me as a child and yet, I am the one leaving him! It is not my fault… I did not choose to go on this trip. My company chose me for this training week and believe me… if I have it my way, I would stay home! Besides the fact I hate flying and that flight always seems SO much longer than the 3 hours it is… It is a bunch of male PM’s and Superintendents and me for a 5-day stint in the classroom… can you detect my excitement? I would rather poke toothpicks in my retinas. I do hope the hotel has wireless so I can blog. The weather is forecasting highs in the 40’s and lows in 20/30’s- now that is about the only thing I am looking forward to on this trip…you know how I love cold weather!

No comments: