Monday, May 19, 2008

The Boot Camp Journal- Day 10

Friday marked the halfway point of boot camp for my first month.
I woke up today ready to start the second half… at 4:40am.
Arrived at 5:15am.
Got some heat for the 6 wings I ate on Sunday.
Warm-ups.
Run up the driveway to ball field.
Cones are set up in straight line.
Everyone is designated their own cone.
Get in “plank” position (holding up one’s body weight on elbows and toes).
Hold until every one before me has run around me and then I get up and run around each and every body after me…
Run across field and up to asphalt parking lot.
Run down the hill to the bottom of parking lot to first station of zigzag cones.
I am half way down the hill when all of a sudden…
BAM!
My right ankle got off balance in a rut of uneven pavement that I did not see (probably because it was so dark)…
And down I fall…
O man did that hurt!
I fell hands and face forward…of course, because I was running downhill- that did not help matters either.
My left elbow is pained.
But, my right ankle is what hurts the most… I roll over and lay there.
People are flying by me and I am trying to get up.
I am trying to walk it out.
The pain is roaring at my right ankle… the Instructor is right there with me…
I pretty much slowly finished the rest of the workout while I still functioning.
Needless to say, I drove back home after this one…
I wound up staying home all morning icing the ankle before and after a LONG shower.
I had to go to a business luncheon in the middle of the day to pick up a safety award for my company.
But, then I decided to go back home and elevate the ankle.
I have been pretty much out of commission all day today… the pain is unbelievable.
Hubby came home early… we did venture to the grocery store for a few groceries and ace bandages.
Not sure what tomorrow brings….
Hoorah.

No comments: