Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good News and Bad News

In my quest to eat better and achieve a good balanced diet, I am trying to find alternative foods to replace those high carb, high fat things we love so much...Well the good news is that last night I made a taco salad using "Veggie Crumbles" instead of ground meat (round, lean or beef). And I have to tell you that it was fantastic! Hubby had no idea he was eating soy protein instead of ground beef. And it took no time to cook the crumbles up straight out of the freezer! The most time-consuming part of the meal prep was chopping the tomatoes. One bag of the crumbles is equivalent to 1 pound of ground beef. I found the crumbles at Harry's Market in Marietta. Hubby said that the meal was definitely a "repeater"...

Now the bad news... Two days after I started the "New Kelly Quest", I discovered that Little Debbie makes a Smores snack cake now! AAAAGGGGHHHHH!! HOW could they do this to me? One of my biggest weaknesses is smores- they are right up there with rice krispy treats and chocolate chip cookies. I saw them again this past weekend at the grocery store near the house. I begged Hubby to buy a box and just give me ONE. And then throw the rest out. He would not do it... he stood his ground and we left without them. Yes, I had a moment of weakness and thankfully Hubby rescued me... All I can say now is "kiss my aching butt Little Debbie!!"

No comments: