Monday, May 12, 2008

One Week Down

So I have been on the “Boot Camp” plan now for over a week and I have to tell you that I am amazed at how much my daily life has changed. Who knew that eating right and exercising took so much time? Seriously… planning and preparing is the ROOT of a having a balanced diet and sticking to it. Grocery lists, meal planning, freezing items bought in bulk, packing for breakfast, snacks and lunch for two people is not easy! Being ready for the next morning to be able to rise at 4:30am, throw on my workout clothes, grab already packed clothes bag, briefcase, organize and grab my feedbag, prepare bottles of water for before/after exercise and pull together hubby’s lunch cooler and then get out the door by 5:00am is a task. And then coming home at the end of the day and getting all of the stuff ready that night before I have to do it all again the next morning just bites. Weekends are spent planning meals for the workweek and washing all those sweaty, dirty workout clothes. Television shows are being missed so I can go to bed around 10-10:30am to get the “necessary” hours of sleep I need. Every thing is rush, rush and rush… and even after all that planning and preparing, I still do not feel like I am eating enough. I have to log every single thing I eat and drink in a Log Book the Instructors handed out on the first day and I believe it just intimidates me into not eating what I might actually need to not be hungry at mysterious times of the day. Besides the fact, we are not allowed sugar or taste for that matter! And the grocery bill has only gone UP. How ironic is it that I am eating LESS and LIGHTER and yet, the grocery bill increased. Go figure. I have managed to cut my diet cola intake to only one Coke Zero a day. And somehow I am managing to consume right around 2,000 calories a day- which is GREAT compared to my normal consumption. (I even successfully managed to skate my way through the all-you-eat seafood buffet last Friday night at Callaway for Mom’s Day dinner.) All in all, I suppose I am on the right track. At least that is what every one keeps telling me. We shall see…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's sounds like your doing great! Keep up the good work! And, to think I thought I was doing good to walk at 6:30 every morning.;)