Monday, May 12, 2008

The Boot Camp Journal- Day 5

Wake up 4:35am- very sluggish this morning….
Got behind some idiot on Post Oak Tritt that stayed 5mph below the speed limit the entire way!
Finally arrived at 5:25am.
Issued a jump rope… Oh know… not jump roping!
Now I am worried- I despise the rope!
Warm-ups… Lord, I am sluggish this morning…
And then the inevitable… start your ropes….
I attempt to jump rope… I am good for about 25 seconds…
Keep jumping.
Keep tripping on the darn rope.
Jump. Jump. Jump. My calves and thighs are moo-ing.
My heart is about to burst out of my chest.
They keep saying, “Keep jumping! Don’t stop!”
More warm-ups.
More jump-roping again.
Run up driveway (which is a steep hill).
Now I am really hurting.
Legs and feet exercises at top of hill.
Run into clearing of woods-
Crunches. Bicycles. Scissors.
Run back up hill.
More legs and feet exercises.
Run back into woods.
Pushups. Planks. More pushups.
Run back down driveway zig-zagging the entire way in a sideways shuffle.
More legs and feet. Squats.
Stretches.
Hoorah.
The instructors took us out to Starbucks afterwards… Woohoo! Free non-fat latte!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I've never been able to jump rope either. Yikes! This bootcamp gig sounds rough! ( Heather )